5 ways to get a good night’s sleep
Many of us are frustrated and at a loss how to improve our sleep, but a few simple changes can make the world of difference to your sleeping routine.
Here’s a few of our top tips:
- Relax – most of us go to bed exhausted yet unable to get to sleep. If that’s you, try to make time to relax before bedtime. Read a book, take a bath, write tomorrow’s To Do list to help clear your mind, or write a few of the things that made you feel happy today.
- Technology ban – avoid the blue light from screens that can affect your sleep hormone and keep you awake. It’s a good idea to switch them off at least an hour before bed whilst you unwind.
- Sleepy environment – make your place of sleep calm, restful and dreamy with a comfortable mattress, calming and cooling silk bedding (more on this later!) and the perfect temperature between 16 and 18 degrees Celsius.
- Tik tok – don’t clock watch or even count sheep – your mind will be doing somersaults if you are conscious of time and numbers. Instead imagine a calm scene like a walk in the countryside or bathing on a dessert island.
- Fit and healthy – they go hand in hand with sleep and all enhance each other. Daily exercise, mindfulness and healthy diets will help you sleep better.